Innovative Solutions Canada has dedicated funding to help combat current and future outbreaks of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and other similar threats.
Their program will help support the Government of Canada’s fight against COVID-19 by funding R&D and testing prototypes in real-life settings that can help protect Canadians.
Sign-up to their news feed to get a notification when new funding opportunities launch.
Below are the funding parameters they will use for their COVID-19 funding opportunities.
Challenge Stream COVID-19
This program stream seeks to develop new solutions from an early stage of development to combat COVID-19 and other similar threats.
- They have increased their funding amounts to support COVID-19 challenges
- Funding amounts are identified in each individual challenge
- Once successfully developed, innovators participating in COVID-19 challenges may be eligible to sell their solution to government directly
- Proposals from companies to develop technologies and services must fall within TRLs 1-6. Please consult the TRL definitions
Testing Stream COVID-19 (former Build in Canada Innovation Program)
This program stream seeks to find and buy pre-commercial prototypes that are ready to be deployed and tested to combat COVID-19 and similar threats in an operational setting.
- Innovators can receive up to $550K for their innovation
- In particular cases they may provide up to $5M in funding if an innovation demonstrates significant potential in meeting the Government of Canada’s efforts in combating COVID-19 and similar outbreaks
- Innovators who received an initial contract for their innovation under ISC may be eligible to receive additional sales with other federal organizations
- Proposals from companies to develop technologies and services must fall within TRLs 7-9. Please consult the TRL definitions
They expect they will be launching an ISC Testing Stream open Call for Proposals for any type of innovative prototype, Spring-Summer 2020.
Innovators, who have an innovative prototype that does not align to the COVID-19 theme should sign-up to their news feed to receive a notification when they launch.