We work with you to help your business start, grow and succeed!
Spend an hour with our professionally-trained staff. They are available by appointment to meet with any potential, new or existing business owner at no cost.
Can my idea work in this market? Do I need a business plan?
What business structure should I choose when starting a small business?
What can I do to get the financing I need?
We help you ask and answer the right questions from the start.
You need to grow without stretching yourself too thin. We can arrange financing for working capital as you expand.
Our professionals have the business know-how, hands-on experience and connections to help you step by step.
Talk to us about your business plans one-on-one. Let us show you how to grow with confidence.
Did you know…
- All businesses that operate under a name other than the owner’s must register their business name.
- Businesses must renew their business name registration every five years (and the government does not send reminder notices).
- You should check with your Municipality to determine if your business is required to obtain any specific permits or licences.
- If you are self-employed and have a net income of more than $450,000, you must register for the Health Tax for the Self-Employed.
- When you hire employees or contractors, you must register with the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board.
Follow this link to register your business online today!
CDC Online Business Registration
Use our computer workstation to register your business name online. You can also complete many of the applications needed to start or renew your business.
- Business Name registration
- Obtain Master Business License or renew your existing registration
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board
- Employer Health Tax
- Health Tax for the Self-Employed (unincorporated businesses only)
- Conduct an online Business Name search.
- Business Name Registration $60 ($80 by mail)
- Business Name Search $8/name ($12 by mail)
Our Business Registration workstation is open weekdays:
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday
- 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Friday
Click here to find other resources and information to support your business.