Loans of up to $250,000
- Available to both existing and start-up businesses
We focus on more than the numbers to help you access all the options available to you.
You’ll find it easy to talk to us about your business plans.
Ask us about complementary lending. We work with you and/or your banker or other advisors to come up with the best solution for you.
Applying for a CDC Loan
How to qualify:
- Your business must be feasible. It must have the potential to succeed and repay the loan.
- You must complete a loan application and may be required to submit a business plan. Get started with our Business Model Canvas here.
- Security may be required. We are flexible in the types of security we accept and the values assigned to that security.
- More weight will be given to applicants who prpose to create or maintain jobs within Ontario’s Lake Country. Click here for a map of our catchment area.
- Click here to download our Loan Application
- Loans are at a fixed percentage rate generally between 5% and 11%, although rates may vary. The assigned rate is based on several factors. Those include the applicant’s business experience, credit history, risk of the loan and available security.
- Repayment schedules are flexible. They will be geared to the needs of the business.
- All CDC loans are approved by a volunteer committee. They represent most sectors of the local business economy
- The approval process takes approximately two to three weeks, depending on the nature of the business.
A $375 application fee is charged only against successful loan applications. Some exceptions apply.