Loans of up to $250,000
- Available to existing businesses to maintain current jobs or create new ones
- Available to start-up businesses to create new jobs
We focus on more than the numbers to help you access all the options available to you.
You’ll find it easy to talk to us about your business plans.
Ask us about complementary lending. We partner with you and/or your banker or other advisors to come up with the best solution for you.
We are more flexible than traditional lending institutions in the types of security we accept and the values assigned to that security.
Applying for a CDC Loan
How to qualify:
- Your business must be feasible. It must have the potential to succeed and repay our loan.
- You must have explored other sources of financing.
- You must submit a detailed business plan and loan application outlining your proposal.
- You must provide collateral security for the loan. We are more flexible than traditional lending institutions in the types of security we accept and the values assigned to that security.
- All loan applications must create or maintain jobs within the Orillia area. Click here for a map of our catchment area.
- Click here to go to our Loan & Grant Applications page.
- Loans are at a fixed percentage rate between CDC Base Rate (currently 5%) and +6%. This rate is based on several factors. Those include the applicant’s business experience, credit history, risk of the loan and available security.
- Repayment schedules are flexible. They will be geared to the needs of the business.
- All CDC loans are approved by a volunteer investment committee. They represent most sectors of the local business economy
- The approval process takes approximately two to six weeks, depending on the nature of the business.
A $375 application fee is charged against all successful loan applications. Some exceptions apply.