The CDC has received additional funding to support local businesses and social enterprises.
We invite all organizations who meet the eligibility criteria to apply. However, funding is limited and as such, we suggest submitting your application as soon as possible.
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) will provide financial support directly to SMEs to address COVID-19 impacts on rural and remote communities, contributing to their short-term stability. This access to financing will support SMEs that do not qualify for, have been rejected from, or require funding for expenses in excess of the support already received from current Government of Canada COVID-19 relief measures.
Applications can be submitted for loans of up to $60,000, offering the following terms:
✓ 0% interest and no principal payments required until December 31, 2022;
✓ Principal repayments can be made at any time;
✓ For clients receiving $40,000 or less:
- 25% (not to exceed $10,000) of the amount received can be forgiven provided the Client has paid 75% of the original loan amount prior to December 31, 2022;
✓ For loans issued totally between $40,001 and $60,000:
- 25% (not to exceed $10,000) of the first $40,000 and 50% (not to exceed $10,000) of the second $20,000 can be forgiven provided the client has paid the full outstanding balance by December 31, 2022. *For clarity, the portion of forgiveness based on a rate of 25% and the portion of forgiveness based on a rate of 50% are combined into a single tranche of forgiveness, which is only available if all other amounts outstanding are repaid by December 31, 2022;
✓ If unable to repay the loan by December 31, 2022, the balance will be converted to an additional three-year term loan with an interest rate of 5%, effective January 1, 2023 with no forgivable portion.
Loans to cover costs such as rent, salaries and benefits will only be considered if the applicant is ineligible, rejected and/or not already receiving assistance for these costs from other federal funding measures.
Eligible Costs for the purposes of the RRRF include those that will help stabilize organizations and mitigate COVID-19 impacts, including:
(a) rent, salaries, and benefits; (b) taxes; (c) utilities; (d) cleaning supplies and additional safety measures; (e) bank interest/charges and loan repayment (interest); (f) professional fees; (g) insurances; and (h) other eligible expenses associated with retooling, rethinking workflows, automation, robotics, developing new markets, etc.
To be eligible to apply for the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund loan, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be located in the CDC coverage area, which includes: the City of Orillia; the Townships of Oro-Medonte, Severn, and Ramara; and the Chippewas of Rama First Nation;
• Be established prior to March 1, 2020;
• Be impacted adversely due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
• Be viable and not experiencing financial pressures prior to March 1, 2020;
• Have attempted to access other federal relief supports and were ineligible, rejected, or require funding for expenses in excess of support already received; and
• Have not or will not accept other Government of Canada equivalent support.
Once your completed application and supporting information is submitted, the CDC will review and make a decision on your loan request as quickly as possible. Please note that we are anticipating a high volume of applications and request your patience in the process.
When a decision is made, you will be notified by email or telephone. If your application is successful, you will be invited to review and sign the loan documentation. Loan documentation may include, but not be limited to: a loan agreement, demand promissory note, personal guarantees of owners of business (only if incorporated); and an attestation agreement confirming compliance with the parameters of the Regional Relief And Recovery Fund. Once all documentation is signed, a cheque will be provided to you within 3 business days.
NOTE: Early stage businesses are welcome to apply provided operations were established prior to March 1, 2020. Please contact a CDC staff member to discuss the financial information required to support the loan request.
NOTE: As the Corporation is financially supported by the Government of Canada, representatives of the Minister are permitted access to all client files for monitoring and evaluation purposes. You may be contacted from time to time by representatives of the Minister as part of the evaluation of the performance of the project. All client files are held in strictest of confidence and files will not leave the CDC office without prior consent of the client.
Additional Personal Financial Statement
If your business is other than a sole proprietorship, all partners or shareholders are required to submit a separate Personal Financial Statement.
NOTE: This is to be completed after your main application has been submitted below.
LOAN APPLICATION BELOW
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION SUBMISSION
If you do not wish to complete and submit the online application above, you may submit a completed PDF application form.
Once you have printed & signed your application, click here to submit it via email. If you are unable to scan it back, please call us for alternative arrangements at 705-325-4903 x 101.
Chief Privacy Officer
22 Peter St. S., Box 2525
Phone: (705) 325-4903 ext. 106
Facsimile: (705) 325-6817
OTHER HELPFUL PRIVACY LINKS
For a copy of PIPEDA, or for answers to other questions regarding privacy legislation, below are some helpful privacy links.
Federal Privacy Commissioner
112 Kent Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3
Provincial Privacy Commissioner