The Canadian Agricultural Partnership
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership) is a five-year federal- provincial-territorial initiative to strengthen the agriculture, agri-food and agri- products sectors, and increase their competitiveness, prosperity and sustainability.
Agri-Food Open for E-Business – Targeted Intake
A programming initiative under the Partnership
The Governments of Canada and Ontario are supporting the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sectors to capture online e-business opportunities that will help create new, expanded or enhanced markets and open new retail channels to help generate new revenue streams for future growth.
The Agri-Food Open for E-Business targeted intake will help businesses/organizations quickly expand their marketing channels and respond to new market challenges, increase online sales in the sector and provide consumers with access to more local food.
This targeted application intake features two funding streams:
- Bring Your Business Online: Provides a grant of up to $5,000 to eligible organizations/businesses to help establish an online presence.
- Develop Online Business Opportunities: Provides cost-share funding for up to 90 per cent of eligible costs to a maximum of $75,000 to develop e-business opportunities on a larger scale.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
In order to be eligible an applicant must:
- be involved in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-products sectors;
- be in compliance with all Requirements of Law and agree to remain in compliance with all Requirements of Law for the duration of the project;
- be a legal entity capable of entering into an agreement with the Province of Ontario;
- provide a Canada Revenue Agency Business Number as part of the application process; and
- be engaged in the project and be contributing cash towards the project.
In order to apply, the applicant must agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Partnership Agri-Food Open for E-Business Targeted Intake and have the authorized signing officer of the applicant sign and date the application form, including agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined in the Application Declaration (see respective section below).
Stream 1: Bring Your Business Online
Eligible organizations and businesses can apply for a grant of up to $5,000 to establish an online e-business and marketing presence. Funding under this stream will be quick and responsive for those needing immediate solutions.
Stream 2: Develop Online Business Opportunities
Eligible organizations/businesses either independently or in partnership can apply for up to $75,000 in cost-share funding to develop and implement high-impact online e-business opportunities on a larger scale.