The Community Development Corp. (CDC) is a private, non-profit organization.
It is a member of the Ontario Association of Community Development Corporations Inc.
There are 61 federal Community Futures Development Corporations across Ontario. There are 269 offices across Canada funded through Industry Canada.
Continued support is the key to our success in helping clients build strong businesses and strong communities.
Since we began in 1984:
- We have served over 40,000 business clients, providing information, consulting and advice, and financing.
- We have invested over $25.2 million in our community.
- Offered 85 business related workshops to 1264 participants since 2012.
- We have helped create or maintain more than 5,075 jobs.
Mission, Vision & Values
The mission of the CDC is to enrich the local economy through coaching, training and financing businesses, and fostering community economic development projects.
To be the foremost business resource centre, ensuring an economy in Ontario’s Lake Country that is prosperous, growing and sustainable.
- Collaboration – Collaborating within and outside the organization to develop positive working relationships as a means to foster community economic development.
- Community– A sense of responsibility and contribution that define our existence.
- Resourcefulness – Being solution-focused by identifying needs and working diligently and adaptably towards meeting those needs.